Google Panda – a well –known name in internet world, it is a change done to Google’s algorithm for better search results rankings. It was introduced in the year 2011 in USA. This change was done to decrease the rank of low quality sites and enable good quality sites to perform better and get good rank in the search results.
The Panda detects low quality website based on some factors that include spam text, content plagiarism, content duplication, irrelevant content or unmanaged content. Websites that are suffered from these factors bear the penalty or suffers from lowered search engine ranking results.
Google Panda has affected the low quality websites and its business badly, but on the other hand Google brought some suggestion by its blog providing them instructions in analyzing their website’s quality. It brought a list of 23 points that help the business people to determine what makes a high quality site.
Since 2011 till date, Google Panda introduced several updates such as follow:
• 24 Feb 2011
• 11 April 2011
• 10 May 2011
• 16 June 2011
• 23 July 2011
• 12 August 2011
• 28 Sept 2011
• 9th Oct 2011
• 13th Oct 2011
• 20th Oct 2011
• 18th Nov 2011
• 15th Jan 2012
• 28th Feb 2012
• 23rd March 2012
• On 24th April 2012, a penguin web-spam update came into existence and afterwards few smaller updates come across (both panda and penguin) and continued till 21st December 2012.
• Among all small updates, the journey of effective updates has started from 5th November 2012 onward and till date it is continued. In this update 1.1 % of search result was based on language queries in US and 0.4 % worldwide.
• On 21st November 2012, 0.8% of English-language queries; search result was based on language queries and 0.4% worldwide.
• Lastly on 21st December 2012, the last update of the year came across. In this update 1.3% of English language affected and officially confirmed as refresh.
• With the beginning of 2013, on 22nd January 2013 an update came into existence later on 15th March 2013 and the latest one is 22nd May 2013 (Penguin “2.0″ or “#4″ update)
Each of these update has different requirement which keeps the Google search result more effective and updated. Some business might get benefit with these updates or some may have bad experience as well, but it doesn’t mean Google Panda updates are only fearsome, it’s somehow beneficial for users, Online Marketing and business. You can also say Google Panda updates are hidden mystery as nobody can predict that “what will be next?”.
Development, growth and improvement are some of the essential requirements through which the business runs beneficially which comes from day to day change which is so called “updates”. Likewise Google Panda updates also has the same motto to keep the algorithm updated with the changing scenario for better search engine result and rankings which directly and indirectly benefits the users and business.