Stop creating Boring eCommerce website. Default Style. Default Color. Default Product Presentation & hoping from complete SEO & SEM teams to get high sales. If you follow this process then change your mindset & read new, innovative eCommerce website design, development tips & implement it immediately ( Don’t afraid to test new things ). After that tell what’s you thinking now.
1. Differentiate eCommerce website with Unusual Photographs
None of eCommerce website can ignore Photo power. Most of eCommerce website have same product presentation. Now Do want to differentiate yourself? If answer is yes then use unusual snaps on eCommerce website.
Always try to add humor into your photograph. Lots of eCommerce website has straight, serious guys/girls. I found Casual Snapshots most of times turn into Superb Photos. People appreciate humor.
Male Model pose & face expression is totally different from female model – Unusual Photography Twist
Facebook knows the real power of snaps. Facebook purchase Instagram at $1 Billion. Instagram only focus on providing best experience for sharing photos with friends & family and now appreciate their strategy. Now You also must realize the power of Unusual Photograph on eCommerce website
2. Modal Windows for eCommerce Website Design
Model Windows or Model Dialog Box – A windows float above main page: Model Windows provides a opportunity to user to focus on one small design element
If you are web developer & want to improve usability of eCommerce product pages OR SEO Manager want to impress client by improving conversion rate & revenue of site then apply it right now & enjoy everyone appreciation.
Best place to apply Model Window concept are Product Image, Product Demo, Movie Trailer (see below image ), User Logins, Contact Form Elements, Download Pages, Help Window And Search Boxes
- Improve website usability a lot.
- Rest of the content will be out of sight/ focus
- User must have to take action ( eg. Click to close) to go further
- Impossible to Ignore
- Provide Incredible User Experience
Forget background, just focus on shirt prints.Now you know how this shirt look on You.
Fade-out product description & other stuff. Now your visitor know this product look good on her or not.
How this Vintage Art look on my home wall. Answer is nice. Now Buy it.
3. Style matters in the eCommerce World
Adapt a style & keep it whole website – Give a style to your website just like you give yourself . Style can be Modern Style, Retro Style, Casual Style, Vintage Style, Out-Box Style.
Models into Elegant Style posture attract high-class, rich consumers.
Vintage style on eCommerce website now attract lots of consumers. It compel visitor to stay on website.
4. eCommerce Website Speed Optimization: Patience is not virtue of your visitor. They click on your website & leave it immediately if website not respond quickly. People want Fastest website not even fastest website.
Optimize site speed >> Reduce Bounce Rate >> More Returning Visitor >> Increase Brand Value >> Increase Revenue
Google Webmaster Tools – Google offers site-performance analysis tool to determine site’s comparative speed with high, medium and low priority action items.
YSlow – A free Plug-in for chromes, firefox which give grades (recalls me old school memory) your site’s speed on a scale from A to F. Yahoo consider 34 rules which affect your web page performance.
Pingdom Website monitoring : My favorite pingdom allows me to easily monitor Uptime and performance of website.
5. Replace Old Comment Option with Facebook Dialog on Your eCommerce website
- Probability of getting response from People improve.
- Know the Voice of “Real” People.
- Your eCommerce website, Your website Product – Both Promote on Facebook Without spending more money on Ads.
- Empowering Visitors to share their thoughtful opinions with you & world.